|crossing off #2 on the list below - a trip to Nashville with my mom and sister in July. It was incredible!|
Back in May I wrote a little 30 before 30, a list of things that would be nice to do before turning 30. The big day came on Sunday, September 6th. I turned 30 years old. It sounds sorta old, but I still feel about 24 most days. And hopefully I still look 24 years old.
Well, I guess I was a bit ambitious back in May. Maybe I'll extend this to my 40th birthday.
- Jump out of a hot air balloon.
Go on a girls trip with my mom and sister.
- Surf in Virginia Beach.
- Complete an Olympic distance triathlon.
- Finally finish reading Atlas Shrugged.
- Run a half marathon in under 2 hours. I missed that mark by 9 minutes last year!
Be a better plant mom and garden more.
- Go fly fishing and spear fishing with my little brother.
- Hike (parts of) the Appalachian Trail.
- Volunteer locally.
Take better care of my skin. Make a habit of consuming less sugar. Finally take off the ugly wallpaper in the bathrooms. Be comfortable in my body. Be more present for friends and family.
- Write more– letters, blog posts, journaling...
Work on being a better communicator for my husband.
- Call my siblings and closest friends more often.
Complain less. Cook more meals at home, preferably with my husband. Stop biting my nails. Be a (better) morning person.
- Spend more time with my nieces and nephew.
Save more money.
- Be content with saying "no."
- Get to my goal weight of 135lbs.
- Start those front end development courses I've been wanting to take.
- Take Jay to see the trees in the water of the Great Dismal Swamp.
- Be able to hold a handstand and do 3 pull-ups. I've always been more of a legs girl.